Green Street, Mayfair W1 (SOLD)
This 5-bedroom penthouse property is split across three floors of a beautiful red-brick period building on one of Mayfair’s most enviable residential streets, in close proximity to well known fashion boutiques, private galleries, Michelin starred restaurants and Hyde Park. The interior spaces has high ceilings throughout and large windows that face south over the private gardens of Green Park creating a light and spacious atmosphere, that is often a rarity in buildings of this period. A subtle remodeling of the interior space, could allow for it to be better optimised for the demands of contemporary life, whilst giving the new owner an opportunity to personalise and evelevate the interior decoration.
This property is arranged across the third, fourth and fifth floors of the main building and covers 2,805 Sq. Ft. (260 sqm). The third floor features a reception room, that currently overlooks the private gardens and is lit by floods of natural light from three large sash windows. The fourth four includes the main en-suite bedroom with walk-in wardrobe, however the configuration of these rooms, could be improved in order to maximise the floorspace utility and improve flow between the master suite and these rooms. The fifth floor is home to further bedrooms spaces and notably a sun-room, which currently has bi-folding doors, which open on to a 227 sqm terrace that faces south.
Current features of the property:
- 5 Bedrooms
- 1x En-Suite
- 2 Bathrooms
- Shower Room
- Dining Room
- Reception Room
Janine Stone are of the view that there would be significant future value and utility for the new owner of this property to make enhancements to the internal layout and flow of this attractive Mayfair penthouse. Furthermore these architectural enhancements would need only be relatively subtle in order to better equip the property for modern life and successfully prepare the triplex as a blank canvas to apply a tailor made interior befitting of this smart London address.
Janine Stone & Co.’s key development opportunities are:
- The creation of a continuous stair through the entire triplex, that is central to maximising floorspace and internal flow.
- The relocation of the fifth floor study to the third, allowing a dedicated sun-room to be created.
- The potential for an additional en-suite to be created on a new fifth floor layout.
- Adding an additional toilet to the fourth floor, by removal of the secondary stair.
- Creating a master suite dressing room with enhanced flow into the en-suite, by removal of redundant space in the main bedroom.
- Re-configuring the third floor toilet to allow for enlargement of the current library space and transformation it into a study.
- The removal of the third floor bedroom, would allow an enlarged dining/family room that can adjoin a more ergonomically designed kitchen space.
To assist interested buyers of this property understand their development options, Janine Stone & Co. are able to provide concept and development consultations. It can be arranged for these complimentary consultations to be take place at the property or in our London studio. Janine Stone & Co. will provide guidance on architecture styles, refurbishment and planning considerations, in addition to helping interested parties to develop their early design ideas, into floor plans with estimated project costs and timelines for realisation.
Should a successful acquisition take place, we would be happy to take these initial concepts, through to a full concept and subsequent planning, design and build phases.
0207 758 9864
Bradley Fitchew, Janine Stone & Co.
0207 349 8888