68 Portland Road, Holland Park (SOLD)
Portland Road is an extremely popular residential address in the heart of London’s Holland Park. The location of this property benefits from excellent nearby shopping, dining and transport facilities with plenty of green space for residents to enjoy.
This is a well presented and spacious home, with plenty of period features in good tact. Unusually for the properties in its neigbourhood, the profile of the house is wider than many others. The narrowness of these homes is often a challenge for interior designers, but this shouldn’t be an issue here.
The sale of the 68, Portland Road is being handled by Strutt & Parker.
This wonderful but relatively plain house occupies 3,320 sq ft (297 sq m) with the benefit of an elegant raised ground floor drawing room and an open plan kitchen/dining room with French doors leading out to the garden. The period features make this home particularly attractive inside and out, with a host of possibilities for new owners to design and develop the interior spaces. However to live in the property as it is currently configured, would be to severely under utilize the potential of the space.
- Entrance hall
- Drawing room
- Kitchen/dining room
- Five bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
Janine Stone & Co. has assessed the potential opportunities to bring 68 Portland Road into a modern standing and future.
“Unusually for a property of its era, 68 Portland Road has wider than normal dimensions. The narrowness of this style of home so often restricts the owner’s options for re-modelling the interior. Consequently there is a rare opportunity to create a stand out residence, that feels more spacious and many might expect of a Holland Park residence.”
- The drawing room, kitchen and dining spaces, on the ground floors are so vast, that wall partitioning would help add to the character of the building. This would create dedicated entertaining and dining spaces, without negatively impacting the flow or open feel of the house.
- Going up to the first floor – there is a tiny secondary bedroom, which could be incorporated into the master bedroom
- The spaces on the first floor are configured sub-optimally. By removing the corridor that links bedroom, bathroom and closet, and making the latter spaces adjacent to the bedroom, a natural flow around the building can be created and additional living space reclaimed.
- A re-configuration and re-modelling of the the second floor would enable both the bedrooms on this floor to be more equally sized and both to have private en-suites.
- The vast third floor bedroom space, may also be split into to two separate bedrooms with a jack and gill bathroom and both with access to the outdoor terrace.
To assist interested buyers of 68, Portland Road understand their development options, Janine Stone & Co. has been asked by the vendors’ agents to provide concept and development consultations. It can be arranged for these complimentary consultations to be take place at the property or in our London studio. Janine Stone & Co. will provide guidance on architecture styles, refurbishment and planning considerations, in addition to helping interested parties to develop their early design ideas into floor plans with estimated project costs and timelines for realisation.
Should a successful acquisition take place, we would be happy to take these initial concepts, through to a full concept and subsequent planning, design and build phases.
Miles Meacock, Strutt & Parker London
020 3151 7552
Gillian Wheatcroft, Janine Stone & Co.
0207 349 8888