GDPR: Data Privacy Notice
At Janine Stone & Co. we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Data Protection Officer, Janine Stone & Co., 4 Oakfield Rd, Altrincham, WA15 8EJ.
Who are we?
We’re Janine Stone & Co., a leading luxury interior design, architecture and build company. We are a registered limited company (no. 1128267). The registered address is 4 Oakfield Rd, Altrincham, WA15 8EJ.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about our products and services, to make a job or trade enquiry, to view the information on our website or if you register to receive one of our newsletters.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, location and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make an receive marketing emails or see advertising from us, your information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party data collection and processing providers, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of internet data, as explained below.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- process an enquiry that you have made;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- dealing with entries into a competition, giveaway or marketing initiative;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other news stories
- activities, promotions of our associated companies goods and services;
- process a job application.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example sending you mailings) or improving our marketing communications. When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the Janine Stone & Co. for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Third Party Product Providers we work in association with:
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our world and work, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Data Protection Officer, Janine Stone & Co., 4 Oakfield Rd, Altrincham, WA15 8EJ.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Janine Stone & Co. hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Website & Call Tracking recording
Our web site may also use the HotJar web site recording service. HotJar is a product that may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any sensitive personal data. Our web site may also use Infinity Call Tracking to record inbound phone calls from our website to help us manage our marketing performance. Data collected by Hot Jar and Infinity from the Janine Stone website is for Janine Stone & Co’s internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
Terms of access:
The term ‘Janine Stone’ or ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: G & J Stone Group Limited, 4 Oakfield Trading Estate, Oakfield Road, Altrincham, Cheshire. WA15 8EJ. Registered in England and Wales, our company registration number is Company No.: 02949220. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Janine Stone Ltd’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Janine Stone Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Janine Stone Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Janine Stone Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Janine Stone Ltd – ©Janine Stone Ltd 2017. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents of this site in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content, design or photography displayed on this site. Nor may you transmit or store the content or imagery on this site in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. For press enquiries or further information, please contact: email@example.com
For the purposes of viewing the site, permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on name’s web site;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by name at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.